BOSC will reopen this week with a summer menu and outside dining.
The BOSC is very pleased to announce it is reopening to the public on Friday 24 July. In line with government guidelines.
The Clubroom will serve a delicious range of BBQ food from Spatchcock chicken to halloumi salads. Handmade pizzas are available to eat in or takeaway. https://www.thebosc.co.uk/clubroom/pizza-menu/
A variety of side dishes and puddings. Whilst the bar will offer a range of hot and cold drinks. A takeaway pizza menu is available for collection only, full menus are available under ‘Menus’.
BOSC’s new opening hours are Wednesday and Thursday 5 pm – 10 pm; Friday to Sunday, Midday – 11 pm (food served until 9 pm).
Those wanting to book a table for food and drink will be able to do so by calling 01420 558 086 from Wednesday 22 July 10 am.
Only outside tables will be available and there will be clear floor markings to help people navigate the outside space in a socially distance manner. Hand sanitising stations will be placed around the pavilion, and contact details will be taken from the lead booking person for track and trace purposes.
The changing room toilets will be open, and the disable toilet facilities are available upon request.
Children and families will be able to make use of the play area. Visitors will be able to enjoy the beautiful, green setting of BOSC’s surroundings, whilst eating and drinking on the outside terrace.
BOSC’s hard tennis courts have already re-opened and are available to book at £8 per hour. Petanque will reopen this summer.
Headley Cricket Club’s 2nd and 3rd XI teams will play at the ground for nine Saturdays. First match taking place on Saturday 25 July against Chiddingfold CC 2nd XI.
Unfortunately, there will no longer be any Yoga, Pilates or Zumba classes held at BOSC. This is sadly due to COVID-19, honouring existing bookings which have had to been postponed and allowing new bookings flexibility.
BOSC is excited to announce that it will be hosting its first Wedding next month!
We are delighted to be able to make this happen however, in keeping with the Government guidelines, BOSC will remain closed to the public during the hours of Midday – 7pm on Saturday 8th August 2020 to allow the wedding party to socially distance. Table bookings will be available from 7pm – 11pm, we apologies for any inconvenience here but we hope you can appreciate our decision here.
“We have worked hard to make sure that the reopening of BOSC is compliant with Government guidelines, and safe for our staff and customers, whilst also maintaining that welcoming and friendly environment. We’ve got a beautiful outdoor terrace where diners will be able to enjoy good food and drink from our summer menu. As well as reopening the Clubroom, play area and tennis courts, following with our Petanque courses soon, we are also taking wedding bookings, and are looking forward to hosting a wedding very soon,” says Martyna Cawdron, Events and Venue Manager.
In line with the Government guidelines, we have had to put new procedures in place to ensure that BOSC is safe for everyone whilst still providing a great hospitality experience. Please see below a list of our new procedures and what to expect when visiting BOSC.
- All staff members have undertaken COVID-19 training.
- Staff will be required to wash their hands every 20 minutes and sanitise them between and after every customer interaction.
- If a member of staff displays signs of COVID-19 they will be sent home immediately to self isolate and wait for testing.
- Staff if they wish, can wear their own face mask, which must be cleaned before and after every shift.
- Customers will be required to book a table whether they are eating or drinking. This allows us to control the numbers and means we can stagger the arrival time to allow for cleaning.
- Each table will be allocated a maximum stay of 1 hour and 45 minutes from the time of your booking not when you arrive. This allows our staff a 15-minute window to clean the table and chairs ready for the next customer.
- Full contact details of the lead person (person who books the table) will be required and stored for 21 days in case you need to be contacted by the Government in line with the track and trace system.
- All service will be table based and there will be no serving from the bar.
- Tables will be appropriately distanced and not laid up to avoid cross contamination. Tables must not be moved.
- At this time there will only be tables outside available to book. If it rains, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to move you to a table undercover.
- Maximum 6 people from any number of households.
Safety around BOSC:
- Upon arrival customers will be asked to sanitise their hands before entering the BOSC terrace.
- There will be one entrance point and one exit point clearly signed.
- There will be on allocated ladies toilet and one allocated men’s toilet in the changing rooms to the sides of the BOSC building. We ask that every customer sanitises their hands before entering the toilet. No one will be able to use the toilets inside with the exception of the use of the disabled toilet only on request. Please follow the hand washing guidelines displayed in our toilets.
- Toilets will be sanitised every 30 minutes with a checklist signed by staff.
- Touch points will be regularly sanitised.
- We ask that customers understand and adhere to the Government guidelines around social distancing. Please stay at your table allocated to you.
- Children must remain lose to their table when eating and drinking and be accompanied to the toilet. Children are welcome to play in the outdoor play area but must be supervised at all times.